Estiamated Timeline (for 2018 grants)*
*Timeline is an estimate and subject to change.
- October 1, 2107 – Project Grant Applications Available
- October 3, 2017 – Free Grant Orientation (More information here)
- October 10, 2017 – Free Grant Orientation (More information here)
- November 1, 2017 – Deadline to apply (Midnight)
- Early January, 2018– Grant Review
- Late January, 2018 – Award notifications sent
The online application will include the following questions:
1. Applicant Information
2. Application Overview
- Amount of grant request
- Start and end dates
- Identify which funding priority(ies) your proposal aligns with (up to 2)
3. Project Budget
- Expenses – details about cost(s) associated with request
- Revenue Sources– details about revenue sources supporting your request
- Confirmed, Anticipated and In-Kind Support (donations, discounts, volunteer time, etc.)
4. Explanation of how an award will be used
5. Explanation of how your project may be scalable if a partial award is recommended
- A – Purpose of the grant – Proposal – What do you hope to accomplish
- B – Impact – Who will benefit from your project? How do they benefit? How will people be made aware of your project?
- C – Evaluation – what methodologies or tools will be used for evaluation?
- D – Funding Priorities – describe how this request responds to Cultural Plan and funding priorities.
- E – Capacity – describe your experience relevant to this project and why you believe your organization is capable of implementing the proposal successfully.
Who are your leaders? Provide a bulleted list of your project partners are, how they will support your project and why you selected them to work with you.
Individuals co-applying with an organization please provide information about your role in the project and contact information.
- F – Timeline – detailed timeline showing steps involved in implementing your proposal.
7. Supplemental Materials (up to 5, no more than 10 pages total printable on an 8.5 x 11” piece of paper) Applicants are encouraged to include brochures, press clippings, support letters, photos and similar information to help the Review Panel better understand your project or your organization.**
- Provide documents, photos, or other materials to support your request.
- Please limit supplemental material to no more than five (5) unique items. A two page news article constitutes one item and there would leave 8 remaining pages for other materials. Do not exceed 10 pages total.
- All items must fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper for printing purposes.
- All documents must be in electronic format only (PDFs and JPGS only).
- Links to videos, images, websites, etc. must be listed on an 8 1/2 x 11 document or included in your application.
- If you have questions about supplemental materials, please do not hesitate to contact us.
**Carefully consider the supplemental materials you send. Strong support letters, sample renderings, positive press clippings, quotes, project bids, or other documents which support your request will enhance your application. A couple of strong supporting documents are more valuable than five marginal supplemental pieces.
8. Provide a year-to-date P&L or budget and prior year P&L or budget