Seeking Proposals from Master-level
Choreographers and Dancers
Deadline: Monday, April 2, 11:59 pm, Pacific Standard Time
The City of Beaverton Arts Program is seeking proposals from choreographers to create and perform a dance as part of Ten Tiny Dances on Saturday, July 14, 2018. Ten Tiny Dances has been an annual event in Beaverton since 2009.
Beaverton Ten Tiny Dances is an opportunity to present both contemporary and traditional dance, to highlight and make public the rich mix of cultures in Beaverton, and to expose audience members to culturally diverse performances in Beaverton.
The event presents both contemporary dancers and traditional/ethnic dancers on one 4’ x 4’ stage. The format offers choreographers the opportunity to explore the concept of creative limitation, and the small stage also puts dancers in very close contact with the audience. The city’s Arts Program actively promotes the event and the audience has been large and receptive.
Compensation and Artist Requirements
Each choreographer will receive $1,300. No additional funds are available for travel, musicians, etc. Choreographers decide how to use the $1,300.
- Attend one (1) informational meeting of all artists
- Participate in a facilitated talk-back (dialogue) session with audience members following the event. Choreographers must participate in the event, and dancers are invited to participate if they choose.
Choreographers and dancers must:
- Attend run-through and bring music to perform the piece the evening of Friday, July 13, 2018
- Be on site at least 1.5 hours prior to the event on Saturday, July 14, 2018
- Perform their dance 1-5 times during the event (number of stages to be determined)
Choreographers will receive the full $1,300 fee only if they participate in these five activities.
For more information and to submit your application, CLICK HERE.
Please do not hesitate to email ([email protected]) or call (503-526-2376) if you have questions or need assistance in this process.