Youth Arts for Change gives teens an opportunity to share their story via theatre, writing and/or visual art. Through a series of workshops, participating teens collaborate with professional teaching artists to create an original play or art exhibit. Each project culminates in a public presentation and celebration.
Youth Arts for Change is the Arts Alliance’s signature project to address the needs of underserved youth. Since 2011, the program has engaged more than 135 Clackamas County teens and 500 audience members.
Currently Youth Arts for Change includes three main projects
Click on each link to learn more!
Youth Arts for Change has 7 major goals for participating teens
- Build positive relationships & teamwork
- Boost confidence, communication & creative thinking
- Connect with the community
- Discover hidden strengths & talents
- Experience a safe setting to learn new skills & grow
- Explore creative outlets & career opportunities
- Share what matters with an appreciative audience
We’re fortunate to have the support of many fantastic partners and funders
Current partners include:
- Baker Prairie Middle School
- Canby School District
- Clackamas Community College
- Clackamas County Juvenile Department
- Clackamas Repertory Theatre
- North Clackamas School District
- Parrott Creek Child & Family Services
- PlayWrite, Inc.
- Rex Putnam High School
- Todos Juntos
Current and recent funders include:
- autzen foundation
- Clackamas County
- Juan Young Trust
- Meyer Memorial Trust
- Oregon Arts Commission
Youth Arts for Change is always growing! If you’re curious about getting involved in a current project–or you’d like to propose a new opportunity or partnership–please contact the Youth Arts for Change Program Coordinator: