Youth Theatre for Change teaches students team-building and improvisation techniques and provides a supportive environment where youth voices can be heard. In the final performance, students will have a chance to showcase their new-found skills. Join us to help them discover the amazing power of community support!
Youth Theatre for Change is part of the larger Youth Arts for Change (YAC) Program. The purpose of YAC is to give at-risk youth an authentic experience, with meaningful content, that is transferable to their lives. Based on Arts Alliance skill-building and mentoring services, YAC is a collaborative community partnership designed to:
• connect local teens with their community
• enhance protective factors against risk vulnerability
• expose youth to positive possibilities of creative expression
• expand therapeutic resources to include theater and graphic arts
Partners include the Meyer Memorial Trust, Oregon Arts Commission, Juan Young Trust, Rex Putnam High School, North Clackamas School District, Parrott Creek Child and Family Services, the Clackamas County Juvenile Department, and the autzen foundation.
• Experience a safe setting to learn new skills
• Build relationships and teamwork
• Develop confidence, trust and self-awareness
• Share their own story and have their voices heard
• Make a valued contribution to the community
• Relate YAC insights to real-life situations
• Use creative thinking as a positive life skill