Mt. Hood Territory is seeking design services for new graphics for our Explorer Trails programs.
ABOUT MT. HOOD TERRITORY
Clackamas County Tourism (dba Oregon’s Mt. Hood Territory) is the Destination Organization for Clackamas County. Mt. Hood Territory work includes promoting responsible travel to and within the destination to optimize economic impacts from tourism in our communities.
Seeking a qualified artist/design contractor who can provide illustration and design services for three designs (one for each of the Explorer Trails) for Mt. Hood Territory (client).
These designs should family together and loosely tie in to Mt. Hood Territory’s overarching brand style. The designs must include the trail names (Tap Trail, Wine Trail and Heritage Trail), but do not need to incorporate the Mt. Hood Territory logo or existing Explorer Trails icons.
Thursday August 18, 2022, 5pm
September 1, 2022
WORK COMPLETION DEADLINE
October 10, 2022
They are looking for something with more visual flair and storytelling ability than a basic logo. The hope is to invigorate the Explorer Trails with a new look that feels fresh and playful.
Each design should be tailored to its specific trail (Tap Trail with beer, cider and spirits; Wine Trail with wineries; and Heritage Trail with indigenous, pioneer and industrial historic sites) in subject matter and/or style variations.
These designs will be used for various promotional needs including signage, print collateral, and branded incentive items/prizes. Because they plan to use this illustration in multiple executions, it should be readable at a relatively small scale (approx. 2”), with high image quality and ability to enlarge for printed signage.
SCOPE OF WORK
Contractor to Provide
- Design and illustration services for an illustration each for the Tap Trail, Wine Trail and Heritage Trail (three total). Each illustration will be unique, but the three will have consistencies across and be recognizable as a set.
- At least three rounds of edits based on client feedback (client will work with designer to determine when in the creative process edits should take place)
Mt. Hood Territory (Client) to Provide
- Mt. Hood Territory brand style guide for reference (though design does not need to strictly adhere to this style guide)
- Existing Explorer Trails icons for reference (design does not need to include existing icons)
- Timely feedback and collaboration
- Three illustrations with full rights owned by Mt. Hood Territory for use in print and digital media and merchandising
- Full color and black and white/grayscale versions
- Final files including high-resolution editable vector design files
- Note: Printing/merchandising is NOT included in this project scope and will be completed by client with full rights to design
Design and illustration (x3) with full client rights not to exceed $4,999 total
To submit a proposal please respond to the following.
- Why are you interested in this project?
- Please provide 2-3 samples of your visual style with a brief description of the work. Should be relevant to this project, but does not need to be client design work.
- Describe the process you would use to complete the project including timeline, revisions and communication with the client.
- Detail your billing (hourly fee or bundled cost for project, charge for revisions etc.)
- Provide 1-2 references with contact details.
Proposals can be sent via email to:
Ithaca Janzen (she/her) – [email protected]
- Emailed responses are due by 5pm Thursday August 18, 2022
- Selected respondent will be notified by September 1, 2022
- Work to be completed no later than October 10, 2022
Email [email protected]