Tualatin Valley Creates’ La Strada dei Pastelli Chalk Art Festival, happening July 16 & 17, 2022 in the heart of Hillsboro, Oregon is looking for chalk artists, performers and art vendors to celebrate in this multi-cultural event unlike any other offered in the Portland-metro region.
La Strada is an immersive, large-scale street painting experience wherein professional and emerging visual artists create larger-than-life, bold images directly on the street for all to watch.
The weekend also features live performance by local soloists, Indy bands, school groups, and small theatre groups. Young and old partake in multiple hands-on activities from chalking their own masterpieces to making take-home gifts.
The Festival is FREE and open to the public. The 2022 Festival anticipates 20,000 attendees over two days.
Applications are due April 15, 2022
- No street painting experience required
- All applications will be reviewed based on proven experience to complete large-scale work, and description of concept
- Applicants are to include 4-5 examples of visual work
- Chalk Artists stipends $250-1,000; lodging provided for travelling featured artists
- Two prizes will be awarded – People’s Choice and Judge’s Choice
- All genre’s welcome!
- Applicants are to include a short biography and 3-4 examples of work
- Performers stipends $65-150 per 45-min set; negotiated rates for larger groups.
VENDOR & NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
- $150 fee* for art vendors to participate- which covers both festival days, a booth space of 10’x10′ and overnight security
- Works must be original to the artist
- Vendors are responsible for their own booth set up; white tent required
- Vendors are welcome to apply in groups for one 10’x10′ booth space to split costs
- Each vendor must fill out a separate application form and note at the bottom of whom they will be sharing a booth
- Nonprofit discount rate is $50. Nonprofits must agree to host a hands-on arts activity for festival-goers.