The 39th annual Art About Agriculture Competition and Touring Exhibition 2022: The Sustainable Feast invites all artists from the Pacific Northwest to celebrate the region’s sustainable, diverse, and innovative food. Working closely with Oregon State University’s Food Innovation Center, this year’s open call asks artists to reflect on food, including production of ingredients, preparation of food, food packaging, cooking food, sharing meals, dining, and presentation.
All submissions must relate thematically to agriculture and natural resources. All fine arts and crafts media are eligible for consideration. All approaches welcome.
Other important food topics to explore include:
- environmental impact
- food waste reduction
- nose-to-tail cooking
- food ethics
- local foods
- food for medical needs
- reduced waste food packaging solutions
- plant varieties for enjoyment and disease resistance
- sustainable fisheries
- grassland management
- food science
This regional, juried competition is open to artists living in Alaska, British Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. Student artwork completed while enrolled in an educational curriculum is not accepted.
- Submissions: May submit up to five artworks. Images should be titled accordingly: First_Last-shortened title-0x0x0in. 3D artworks may submit up to three additional images of different views for each artwork. Please group 3D views in the image title with A, B, C indicators.
- Any photos or promotional materials provided by the artist of artwork selected for inclusion in the exhibitions can be used to promote the artwork, exhibitions, or venues. This includes use in online galleries hosted on OSU websites and/or websites associated with tour venues. All photos and materials used for promotions will acknowledge the artist.
- Fee: No fee for submissions. However, a 30% venue commission will be retained from all sales from Giustina Gallery (OSU, Corvallis, OR), Crossroads Carnegie Art Center (Baker City, OR), and the Pacific Maritime Heritage Center (Newport, OR).
Application deadline: Sunday March 6 at 11:59pm