Wild & Scenic Film Festival – Call to Artists
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival comes to Oregon City on June 2 in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Wild & Scenic Rivers Act. Together with coordinating partners eNRG Kayaking, We Love Clean Rivers, Clackamas County Arts Alliance and End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center they will host a companion art exhibit in the Visitor Center located at the Interpretive Center.
Artists of all ages are invited to join the celebration by exhibiting artwork and competing for the opportunity to win one of six $100 cash awards!
We seek photographs and watercolor or acrylic paintings that depict or interpret Willamette Falls or the Willamette or Clackamas rivers.
- Artwork must be ready for installation: matted, framed and securely wired to safely suspend from supplied hook devices. Framed dimensions must not exceed 11”x14”.
- Exhibit space is limited to the first 50 artists who bring their artwork on Delivery Day.
- One entry per artist! Original artwork only, no historic photos please.
- Artwork may be available for sale – 30% commission to the Interpretive Center.
- This non-juried show has no entrance fee.
- A panel of judges will award six cash prizes of $100.
- All exhibiting artists receive half-price entry to the June 2 Wild & Scenic Film Festival!
- Delivery Day is May 23, 10 am – 1 pm. Artists will hang their own work with supplied devices. Artists will complete entry forms on arrival, and identification labels will be prepared by coordinating staff.
- Art will be on display May 23– September 3 in the Visitor Center, located at 1726 Washington Street, Oregon City.
- Artists must pick up unsold work on September 4, between 10 am – 1 pm.
- Awards will be announced during Film Festival reception: Saturday, June 2, 4:30 pm. Further details will be provided on Delivery Day.
Contact [email protected].