As an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19, GivingTuesday, the groundbreaking global generosity movement, announced #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of giving and unity, set to take place on May 5. The day is designed to drive an influx of generosity, citizen engagement, business and philanthropy activation, and support for communities and nonprofits around the world.
The global day of action will rally people around the world to tap into the power of human connection and strengthen communities at the grassroots level. Communities are encouraged to take action on behalf of first responders, as well as the world’s other – often forgotten – frontline workers: the nonprofits and community organizations that feed, house, educate, and nurture neighbors impacted by the global pandemic. The social sector is in crisis at the very moment the world needs it most, and GivingTuesday stands ready to rally the world at this critical time.
People can show their generosity in a variety of ways during #GivingTuesdayNow–whether it’s helping a neighbor, advocating for an issue, sharing a skill, or giving to causes, every act of generosity counts. The giving day will emphasize opportunities to give back to communities and causes in ways that comply with public health guidelines.
Here at the Arts Alliance, we would be honored if one of the ways you choose to participate in #GivingTuesdayNow is by partnering with us in the work we do throughout Clackamas County. Our donors are an important part of this work and now, more than ever, we recognize the need for coming together behind shared goals and community-centric values.
For over 25 years, you have helped us:
- Use the arts as a catalyst to open doors for underserved youth through our Youth Arts for Change program.
- Drive local economic stimulus through public art management and cultural tourism.
- Exhibit local emerging and established artists in public galleries in our Artist Exhibit Program.
- Connect people and programs through grant-giving for cultural projects, skill building and training, and opportunities.
- Partner with Pamplin Media to produce the Cultural Guide, a valuable resource guide for county art, culture, tourism, and heritage.
To learn more about #GivingTuesdayNow and other ways to participate, visit the GivingTuesday website: www.givingtuesday.org.