Deadline: 11 pm, Sunday, May 6, 2018
Art in Oregon (AiO) is a new arts focused 501c(3) nonprofit organization based in Clackamas County. AiO works to foster culturally rich regional communities through partnerships, advocacy and investment in artists, businesses, educational spaces and community spaces. Our goal is to build and sustain art patronage through pride in Oregon artists and pride in art ownership. We work to establish collaborative relationships with the common goal of increased visibility and access to art for all citizens.
AiO: Art Shine Project is developing a curated artist database that includes emerging, mid-career, and established artists. This database will serve as a digital gallery to facilitate the purchase and placement of artwork in highly visible, public spaces in local communities. In 2018, The Art Shine Project is focused on building relationships between Clackamas County artists and local establishments (i.e. businesses, community centers, schools, museums, etc.)
The first phase of the Art Shine Project is to develop an online database of artists that live and make art in Clackamas County. This will be an ongoing database that AiO will actively promote and expand with the future goal of statewide inclusion.
The second phase of the project will connect with Clackamas County establishments to facilitate applications for and distribution of micro-grants. The awarded micro-grants will be used by Clackamas County establishments to purchase art from artists participating in the Art Shine Project. AiO will use the database of artists gathered as a digital gallery allowing the micro-grant funded establishments to purchase artwork by artists in their community. Artists included in the database are not required to make artwork available for purchase through the Art Shine micro-grants, but we hope you do!
Artists participation in the Art Shine Project
- Inclusion in the Art Shine database; 1-4 images with brief statement.
- The option to make 1-4 art pieces available for purchase during the micro-granting season; May-October.
- Artists set the price of their artwork.
- Artists receive 100% of the proceeds from sales of their artwork through the micro-grant funded purchases.
- Due to funding restrictions in AiO’s inaugural Art Shine Project year, artwork made available for purchase by micro-grant funds must be priced at $500 or less.
- Artist must live and make art in Clackamas County.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Artists must be a resident of Clackamas County for at least one year by the deadline of the application.
How to submit
- Visit the AiO website – artinoregon.org.
- Click on the Art Shine Project.
- Complete the online submission form.
- Email 1-4 images of artwork and image information list to [email protected] Please follow the image submission instructions listed below. These instructions are listed in the application form as well.
Image submission guidelines
- All images of artwork must be high quality. Poor quality images will not be used in the database.
- Images must be .jpeg files sized to be 1200 pixels on the shortest side.
- Image files must be labeled in this way ( last name_first name_title.jpeg)
- Provide an image list with the artwork’s material, size, year created, and price (if applicable) for each piece submitted.
*** We reserve the right to exclude work due to incompatible content.
*** We encourage artists from all backgrounds and abilities to apply!
This project is supported in part by a Clackamas County Cultural Coalition Project Grant.