Clackamas County Arts Alliance seeking part-time Operations Manager
Unique opportunity for a rare person with all the diverse skills needed to serve as the first Operations Manager for Clackamas County Arts Alliance (CCAA), a private nonprofit organization.
The Manager will be responsible for all aspects of fiscal accountability and reporting; CCAA’s annual $500,000 budget is derived from a variety of funding sources and sustains several programs. The Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that internal systems and technology fully support CCAA’s programs and its team, who all work from remote offices.
This half-time exempt position offers a starting salary of $32,000/year and is estimated to require 20 hours per week, with some availability Monday – Friday. The right person for this role will have experience working at distance from home office and will be comfortably effective working both independently and as a contributing team member.
Hours: Estimated 20 hours per week (.5 FTE)
Annual Salary: $32,000
Deadline to Apply: 11 pm, Friday, April 27, 2018
Scope of Work – Responsibilities
- Report Payroll including PTO to Paychex
- Reconcile all bank / credit card accounts monthly (PayPal, Operating, Money Market, 2 staff credit cards)
- Transfer funds between PayPal / Donorbox and Operating account as needed
- Fiscal agent accounting as needed
- Contract management: create, deploy and monitor contracts in collaboration with Programs Manager; enter each contract to QuickBooks
- Create invoices: enter bills, payments and deposits to QuickBooks
- Produce monthly financial reports including Budget Dashboard, monthly income and expense report with comments, balance sheet, expenses by vendor report and budget performance report.
- Produce budget forecasts as needed
- Produce income/expense reports by program as needed
- Order bookkeeping supplies as needed
- Track W-9s
- Enter all new donors, Tax ID info and general journal entries into QuickBooks
- Enter each invoice to QuickBooks to track AR and post payments
- Work with accountant as needed for tax reporting and related tasks
Information Technology Management
- Domain Hosting – Ensure domains are all renewed, and troubleshoot any hosting issues
- Website Hosting – Maintain updates and all communications with hosting provider
- Email Hosting – Set up all email accounts, troubleshoot and resolve tech issues.
- Website Maintenance – High-level Word Press management and updates. Work with web designer as needed on issues and trouble-shooting.
- Work with Tourism partner webmaster as needed to adjust website for programming needs
- Software research, integration, updates as needed (MachForm, Vonage, MailChimp, DropBox, Skype, etc.)
- Serve as resource for Arts Alliance staff
- Set up payroll and PTO tracking for new hires
- Maintain employment records for all staff, ensuring that legal document requirements are satisfied
- Maintain Employee Policy Manual and revise as directed
- Conduct new-employee Orientation meeting, in collaboration with Programs Manager
- Serve as liaison with Mammoth when advice and guidance is required
- Respond to questions and assignments from Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Routinely monitor, assess and maintain all internal operating systems and practices to ensure they have capacity to fully support existing and developing needs
- Communicate often with Executive Director, and convey issues and needs as they arise
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings and Board of Director meetings
- Complete and submit monthly staff report to Executive Director
- High-level experience with QuickBooks and Word Press
- Superior knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Familiarity with DropBox, Skype, Google Calendar
- 1- 3 years experience working in remote office / telecommuting
- Familiarity with Paychex, Mammoth and Salesforce a plus
- Significant, demonstrable bookkeeping experience with meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organized: capable of multi-tasking independently — and with a sense of urgency – to successfully meet deadlines and complete projects
- Knowledge and enjoyment of fiscal planning and forecasting
- Knowledge of nonprofit fiscal management practices
- Familiarity with human resources practices
- Proficiency with web-based tools and experience with technology problem-solving
- Be a goal-driven self-starter and innovative thinker
- Flexible, calm under pressure, with a good sense of humor
- 11 Paid holidays per year
- Accrued paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Home-based office
- Renewable supplies reimbursed
All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made, or any other status protected by law.
Please, no phone calls. To apply, please visit Submittable and be prepared to submit the following in PDF format only:
- Cover letter describing why you are the best candidate for this position and how you meet the specific requirements of the position.
- Resume (PDF only)
- Three professional references (Name, relationship to candidate, contact phone and email).
You may also copy and paste the URL: https://clackamasartsalliance.submittable.com/submit/112221/part-time-operations-manager