What is Community Placemaking?
Community Placemaking can take many forms, but it shares a few main elements. The idea comes from the communityGo the effort is intended to serve. Those community members, especially people of color or other historically marginalized communities, play a role in making it happen. Arts or cultural activities bring people together to strengthen their connection to each other and the places they care about.
The online application will open August 5 and applications are October 7 at noon.
- Placemaking:People’s connections to each other and to places they care about are strengthened.
- Equity: People of color and members of historically marginalized communities have power and resources to influence their neighborhoods and communities.
- Partnerships: People’s efforts are maximized because they work in partnership with each other and with Metro.
- Leadership:People participate in projects and decisions that affect them
Up to $200,000 will be awarded for the 2023 grant cycle, in grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000. No matching funds are required. Learn more about eligibility and grant requirements in the application handbook.
Applicants are encouraged to attend a virtual information session where we will walk through the application handbook and answer your questions. If you are unable to participate, a recorded info session will be posted on our how to apply page.
- Wednesday, August 17, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Zoom link
- Meeting ID: 898 9884 1367| Passcode: 481127 | 888 475 4499 US Toll-free
- Thursday, August 18, noon to 1 p.m. – Zoom link
- Meeting ID: 874 0834 0395| Passcode: 610725 | 888 475 4499 US Toll-free
- Thursday, September 7, noon to 1 p.m. – Zoom link
- Meeting ID: 813 5514 8432| Passcode: 876845 | 888 475 4499 US Toll-free
Important dates for 2023 grant cycle
Aug. 5: Applications open
Aug. 17 at 5:30 p.m.: Virtual info session
Aug. 18 at noon: Virtual info session
Sept. 7 at noon: Virtual info session
Oct. 7 at noon: Applications due
Early January: Awards announced
Early March: Funds available, grant-funded activities can begin
June 30, 2024: Grant-funded activities should conclude