McLoughlin Memorial Association – Association Administrator
The organization administrator performs administrative tasks including planning, developing, coordinating, and the general oversight of the activities/events of the McLoughlin Memorial Association (MMA) in cooperation with the Rose Management Committee (RFMC), and National Park Service (NPS) staff and volunteers.
- Pay: 19.00/hr.
- Hours: 20-25 hrs/week. Required to work Fridays and Saturdays in-person at the Barclay House in Oregon City, OR from 10AM-4PM.
Must pass National Park Service background check
- Assist the MMA with developing and implementing short-term and long-term strategic planning goals.
- Assist with developing, administering, and monitoring the MMA annual budget in coordination with the MMA
- Assist and lead as needed in the development and execution of interpretation/outreach programs and materials with MMA, RFMC, and NPS staff
- Assist collections volunteers with processing, organizing, and cataloging MMA and Holmes House objects and records as needed
- Coordinate and organize special events and fundraisers
- Schedule group tours for the Holmes House in cooperation with RFMC
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers and maintain volunteer contact information
- Update and maintain website and social media, in cooperation with MMA/RFMC volunteers
- Assist MMA newsletter coordinator in writing, distribution and mailing of the quarterly Beaver Log
- Assist in processing new and renewing MMA memberships, including record keeping and related correspondence, in cooperation with the 2nd Vice President and Treasurer
- Process and record MMA/RFMC donations, including related correspondence
- Supervise gift shop, including bank deposits and assisting gift shop manager with ordering
- Assist in greeting visitors
- Provide information about and directions to other historic sites and points of interest in Oregon City
- Maintain cooperative relationship with other heritage organizations and participate in committee and special events as appropriate
- Research and identify grant opportunities for MMA and RFMC special projects. Develop grant proposals with the MMA Executive Board and/or MMA volunteers as needed
- Remote work is acceptable on the days the Barclay House is closed. Required in-person days at the Barclay House are Fridays and Saturdays 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.), and website maintenance.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders or stairs.
Deadline: September 15
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]