Arts Education & Grants Coordinator
The successful candidate will manage grant programs and services including Arts Learning, Operating Support, Small Operating, Arts Build Communities, as well as Arts Access Reimbursement.
The Coordinator develops policy recommendations and revisions to processes for new and existing program design and implementation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Administer grant making programs consistent with agency policy and procedures and establish timelines and schedules for compliance.
- Develop policy recommendations to encourage and support underrepresented organizations, artists, and projects. Maintain equity in grant making.
- Conduct site visits to provide technical assistance, training, and other consultations.
- Review all applications for completeness and compliance with Arts Commission guidelines and perform application reviews for eligibility and completeness.
- Create and maintain partnerships to identify and implement strategies to advance arts learning, primarily in K-12.
- Provide arts education training and technical assistance to stakeholders.
- Manage the Poetry Out Loud program in accordance with national guidelines.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following skills:
- Experience working in the arts and arts education.
- Experience and knowledge of arts in education policy development, best practices, and initiatives.
- Experience in working with underserved communities including rural and communities of color.
- Positive and passionate about the work and maintains a growth mindset.
- Ability to organize and analyze large volumes of information for reporting and policy development.
- Detail-oriented with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills including written and oral presentations, facilitation, and negotiation.
Deadline Monday August 8, 11:59pm